A dear friend of mine asked me why the name, Yak & Yeti for my blog. He thought maybe it had some relation to the Yak & Yeti Hotel in Nepal. Nope. I think he has Nepal on his mind since he's climbing Mt. Everest this spring.
The way I came up with the name is really kinda lame. I went to the Animal Kingdom at Disney World in December and there was a restaurant called Yak & Yeti and the name just stuck in my head. In my mind it made sense to have a blog by that name for the following reasons: according to the dictionary, to yak is to talk, uninterruptedly and idly; gab; chatter. That's something I do rather well and often. And the Yeti part is symbolic for the bizarre or absurd things that I talk about sometimes. Once again, that is something I do rather well and often. Ok, maybe it's a stretch, but I still like the way it sounds. Oh, for those of you that don't know what a yeti is, it's a creature, aka the Abominable Snowman that is supposed to live in the Himalayas. I suppose Sasquatch is the American version of a yeti.
Side note: I checked out the Yak & Yeti hotel online (http://yakandyeti.com/) and it seems like a nice place. I hope to have the opportunity to stay there someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment